I so look forward to my long run Saturday's. I truly save all of my yucky feelings from the week and I shed them with every mile that ticks by. Not today. It seemed like the more I wanted to shed the week, the more I held onto it. Nothing magically resolved itself like it normally does.
I can't say why this is. There were so many things different about todays run that I am not sure I could even pin-point the culprit. My guess is I just plain old changed too much up. Let's look:
- I ran alone for the first time on a long run since August. Bummer
- I ran a new trail I have never run. Nice view and nice and flat for my legs. Bonus
- Elise has been a cling-on all week so my toes went numb on my run as well as my foot hurting and my leg feeling out of whack. Bummer
- I ran with music for the first time since my last race. Normally Bonus... BUT
- I somehow lost a playlist on my iPod and I could not get the right rhythm for my run. Bummer
- The weather SUCKED!!! Started dry with a tailwind, nice. Overheated at about mile 3 and ran in short sleeves until mile 5 when it turned grey and started to pour on me. Then I turned around into the great tailwind and fought an even stronger headwind with pouring rain for the last 5mi. Bummer!!
- I smiled at every person I saw on the first 5-wore a constant scowl for the last 5. Bummer
- My left had swelled to the size of China when I realized I was clenching my left arm to hold up the arm band of said iPod that could not produce good music. Bummer
- I ran with the MapMyRun app for the first time and Mike followed my progress and sent me a text of support. BONUS!
- Realized that 10mi is easier for me now than just a 2mi run. Bonus
|The pic from the rotten run :P If you look close you can see the tears just about to fall.|